Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Queen of Dollhouses!!!


First, I must apologize for my temporary leave of absence.  I left for vacation in November to Florida for a couple of weeks and visited Disney.  Then I was busy with Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping.  Then I spent December playing catch up with finances to pay for our vacation and buy Christmas gifts.  Now I am back and ready to BLOG AWAY!!!
Anyhow, I have to tell you about my quest for a dollhouse.  I needed a dollhouse for all the Disney princess dolls that I bought in Florida.  I was out on Black Friday looking for a great deal and a great house.  I found Barbie’s Dream house and a Princess doll house at Walmart for around $149 - $179.  Although the girls would love either one of those, I knew they would only last a month (if that) because they were constructed with cheap plastic.  I then came across this dollhouse that was wooden and furnished with wooden furniture.  It stood four and half feet tall and four feet wide.  It had 8 rooms, an elevator, and the garage had working swinging doors.  I thought to myself “Do I really want to spend $200 on a dollhouse?”.  After the hour and a half of assembling the dollhouse (by daddy), I was then thinking to myself “I AM THE AWESOMEST MOM IN THE WORLD!!!” 
This dollhouse is AMAZING!!!  I know I played with Barbie dolls until I was 8 years old or so, and the fact that I am going to get the 3-4 more years of play from this house makes the expense worth it.  The best part is the strong construction that will allow me to resell it once the girls are tired of it.  The funny thing is….I could’ve stopped at the dollhouse….they didn’t even care about the other gifts.


No comments: