Thursday, August 25, 2011

Where were IPOD's when I was growing up???

For Christmas my oldest daughters each wanted an IPod touch.  So my husband and I let them open every single gift under the tree and watch the disappointment as they did not receive the biggest gift on their lists.  They then moved on to their stockings, which were usually filled with candy and dollar store items.  However, this time in the toe of the stockings was the IPod Touches they asked for.  I couldn’t understand why such a strong desire for another IPod…was it because it was a touch screen? 

 
They immediately transferred the iTunes to the new IPods, and nearly 9 months later, I have yet to see a day they don’t have it with them.  I think this is one of the best purchases we ever bought them.  It wasn’t like past gifts that I frantically searched and fought for on Black Friday (such as the Wii Fit) only for it to be shoved under the couch a month later and never be played with again. 

The IPod Touch 4th generation is much more than a MP3 player.  It has a camera that allows still pictures as well as video.  It allows you to Tweet and Facebook.  It has a HUGE market of applications that can be downloaded, many of which are free.  My ultimate favorite application (I believe it was already preloaded) is “Facetime”.  It allows you to have a video chat with someone that could be down the hall or even across the country.  I was impressed with the video quality and the speed!  The girls have downloaded so many games that the wait at a doctor’s office is no longer intolerable.  I, too, became addicted to Angry Birds while waiting for the test results regarding my daughter’s appendicitis.  The IPod touch can be educational as well; they have downloaded scientific calculators and apps to learn Spanish as well. 

Overall, I give the IPod Touch 4th generation five out of five stars due to its capabilities.  I would strongly recommend a 32 GB or 64 GB because the 8 GB can be used up pretty quickly with all the pictures, games, and music that is available.  I’ve seen my girls drop their IPod Touches more than once, and yet they are still going strong.  So durability is another plus; however, I wouldn’t recommend dropping it to find out.


Apple iPod touch 8GB (4th Generation) - Black - Current Version

Apple iPod touch 32GB (4th Generation) - Black - Current Version

Apple iPod touch 64GB (4th Generation) - Black - Current Version

No comments: